Relatives of Lawful Permanent Residents

Visas are currently available for Spouses and children of lawful Permanent Residents! Don't wait in line. Apply now!

  • Top-Rated Attorneys
  • Award-winning Client Service
  • Flat-Fee Pricing
  • Interest-Free Flexible Payment Plans

The Best ever attorney I've ever known!! Highly recommendable!
Trustworthy and very professional. I can't say a word of expression!!
Great! Awesome! fast! fantastic. She will never let you down~~~
She is no. 1 of all Lawyers I spoke with.
Thank you so much!!


1 payments of $500

Or flat rate $500

  • We Gladly Price Match!

* Representation includes filing Form I-130. The attorney's fees for adjustment of status is $2500. If a relative outside of the U.S. wishes to consular process and a visa is immediately available, the attorney's fee is $3000. These fees include the filing of Form I-130.


As a green-card holder (lawful permanent resident, or LPR), you may petition for certain family members to immigrate to the United States as permanent residents, subject to visa restrictions. A permanent resident may petition for their:

  • Spouse;
  • Unmarried children under 21; and
  • Unmarried adult sons and daughters of any age.

Breaking News. Starting August 2013, all visas will become current for spouses and children of lawful permanent residents. Apply now before the F2A category is subject to a visa waiting time again. To check the visa waiting times, click here:

While the husband or wife of a US citizen can apply for a green card immediately, the husband or wife of a green card holder (LPR) must generally wait a period of time after filing Form I-130 before a visa becomes available. Often times, it is much easier to have the green card holder naturalize first before petitioning for family members. An immigration attorney can help evaluate the best way to sponsor a family member.

If a family petition has been previously filed and the visa is current, you may be eligible to adjust your status now. See the Adjustment of Status section for more information.


By Submitting Form I-130, you will be starting the application process to obtain immigration benefits for your lived ones. This is the first step towards securing their future in this country.


A Lawful Permanent Resident may petition for their spouse, unmarried child under 21 years of age, and unmarried adult son or daughter. The applicant can reside either inside our outside of the United States.


Lawful permanent residents start their family member’s immigration process by submitting Form I-130 and G-325. The process typically takes approximately 3-6 months to receive an approval. Form I-130 can be completed by having the foreign-relative inside or outside of the Untied States.

Note that approval does not mean the immigrant will be allowed to enter the U.S. The approval of the I-130 is the first step towards securing lawful status, however there are other steps that must be completed as soon as the applicant’s priority date is current.

How We Can Help You

  • We will evaluate all of your options and ensure your eligibility
  • We will help you gather necessary documents and evidence
  • We will prepare and submit all relevant applications and petitions with the appropriate U.S. Government entity
  • We will handle all communication with the appropriate U.S. Government entity
  • We will ensure petitions are completed accurately, efficiently, and without delay

Why Choose ImmigrateFast

Why Hire

Our immigration attorneys are some of the best. Not only are we experienced and knowledgeable, we are passionate about protecting the rights of immigrants and their families and welcoming new U.S. Citizens!

Immigration law is one of the most complex areas of law. Having Cueva & Higbee represent you will ensure that your case is handled correctly. Anyone can fill out forms; very few are able to correctly analyze an immigration case. Mistakes can be very costly – you may lose time, money, and the opportunity to live securely with your family.

Our attorneys are completely dedicated to the field of immigration, and that has enabled us to become experts. In fact, we have a reputation for successfully handling very complex cases. We have been successful in thousands of cases and have earned an "A" with the Better Business Bureau.

Some other notable reasons are:

Value. We believe all individuals and companies deserve to receive high-quality representation at an affordable cost. We offer flat-fee pricing with no hidden fees. At Higbee & Associates, you will never be surprised when you see your bill.

Technology. We use the latest legal technologies and resources. We have access to the latest decisions and have connections to industry experts. Furthermore, we have a comprehensive online database where clients can log in to access information on their case detailing every step taken. With Higbee & Associates, you will never be left wondering, “What is my attorney doing?”

Personal Service. We take our clients seriously. We listen to their concerns and advise them accordingly. We answer phone calls and emails promptly. We treat our clients with the highest level of respect and professionalism.

Hire us, and we will get it right the first time!

  • Top-Rated Attorneys
  • Flat-Fee Pricing
  • Flexible Interest-Free Payment Plans
  • Case Status 24/7
  • Committed To Your Success
Relatives of Lawful Permanent Residents Our Law Firm Typical Law Firm
Price * $500 $750
Includes Full Representation Yes No
Flat-Fee Contracts Yes No
Zero Interest Payment Plans Yes No
Price-Match Yes No
24-Hour Case Status Updates Yes No
Specialize in Immigration Yes No
Top-Rated Attorneys Yes No
Award-Winning Customer Service Yes No

* Representation includes filing Form I-130. The attorney's fees for adjustment of status is $2500. If a relative outside of the U.S. wishes to consular process and a visa is immediately available, the attorney's fee is $3000. These fees include the filing of Form I-130.

Frequently Asked Questions

What Are My Rights and Obligations as a Lawful Permanent Resident?

As an LPR, you have the following rights:

-The right to live and work permanently in the anywhere in the U.S.; -Petition for relatives; -Apply for citizenship if eligible; -Own property in the U.S.; -Apply for Medicaid or Social Security benefits if eligible; -Travel under certain conditions (See FAQ section); -Attend public school and colleges and universities; -Obtain a driver’s license; and -Join certain branches of U.S. Armed Forces.

You also have the following responsibilities:

-Obey all federal, state and local laws; -Maintain your LPR status; -Pay all federal, state, and taxes; -Register for Selective Service if you are a male between the ages of 18 and 26; and -Maintain your address current with the Department of Homeland Security.

This is not an exhaustive list of the rights and obligations as a Legal Permanent Resident of the U.S. Remember that certain rights, such as the right to vote, are only awarded to U.S. citizens. In fact, voting as an LPR will have negative consequences and could result in removability.

Can I lose my lawful permanent resident status?

Yes. In addition to traveling or living in another country for extended period, your Lawful Permanent Residency may be revoked for certain criminal activity. Lawful Permanent Residents are removable and can be denied re-admission into the United States. Some of the crimes that affect LPR status include: aggravated felonies; crimes of moral turpitude, domestic violence; voting in a U.S. election; claiming U.S. citizenship; or failure to file and pay income taxes. Criminal activity (regardless of conviction) may also make you ineligible for citizenship. This list is not a comprehensive list of all the crimes that may affect your LPR status. If you are currently an LPR and have been charged with a crime, consult with one of our attorneys to determine how it will affect your status.

Can I travel outside the United States as a legal permanent resident?

Yes. However, you will need a travel document and/or re-entry permit if you plan to travel more than twelve (12) months. Short periods of travel for vacations and short trips may be fine. Before traveling for extended period, you must file a Form I- 131, Application for Travel Document with U.S.C.I.S. to request a re-entry permit. A re-entry permit is valid for up to two (2) years. If you plan to become a U.S. Citizen, obtaining travel documents is highly important so you do not status as an LPR and continuous presence. If you do travel, make sure to fully document the date of travel, length of stay, and date of re-entry, as you will need to disclose this information when applying for citizenship. Do consult with one of our attorneys if you are considering traveling.

As an LPR, you have a right to travel within in the U.S. without restrictions.

Read more FAQ about our Relatives of Lawful Permanent Residents service.