This Web Site is For Sale

Click here for more details

R – Religious Vocation or Profession

  • Top-Rated Attorneys
  • Award-winning Client Service
  • Flat-Fee Pricing
  • Interest-Free Flexible Payment Plans

The Best ever attorney I've ever known!! Highly recommendable!
Trustworthy and very professional. I can't say a word of expression!!
Great! Awesome! fast! fantastic. She will never let you down~~~
She is no. 1 of all Lawyers I spoke with.
Thank you so much!!


initial consultation $100

  • We Gladly Price Match!


Are you interested in coming to the United States to be employed by a non-profit religious organization? You may be eligible for the R-1 visa!

R-1 visas are issued to foreign nationals seeking to come to the U.S. to be employed by a non-profit religious organization to work as a minister or in a religious vocation or occupation.

USCIS grants R-1 status for an initial period of admission for up to 30 months. Extensions may be granted for up to an additional 30 months to those that are interested in staying longer. In total, a period of stay in the U.S. under the R-1 classification can last up to 5 years. Only the time spent physically in the U.S. will be counted towards the R-1 status period of stay.

There is no annual limit as to how many people can be granted R-1 visas.


Benefits of an R-1 Visa include:

  • Gain lawful entry into the United States.
  • Have permission to reenter the United States and travel within the country.
  • Bring your dependents to the United States.


  • We will aid the sponsoring religious organization in filing the R-1 petition on behalf of the foreign national religious worker.

  • We work with the religious organization and the foreign national religious worker to prepare the appropriate immigration forms for USCIS.

  • We prepare foreign national religious workers who are outside the United States for their visa application process and/or admission.

  • Once the R-1 immigration petition has been approved, the prospective R-1 worker who is outside the United States may apply with the U.S. Department of State at a U.S. embassy or consulate abroad for an R-1 visa. Regardless of whether a visa is required, the prospective R-1 worker must then apply to U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) for admission to the United States in R-1 classification.

Why Choose ImmigrateFast

Why Hire

Our immigration attorneys are some of the best. Not only are we experienced and knowledgeable, we are passionate about protecting the rights of immigrants and their families and welcoming new U.S. Citizens!

Immigration law is one of the most complex areas of law. Having represent you will ensure that your case is handled correctly. Anyone can fill out forms; very few are able to correctly analyze an immigration case. Mistakes can be very costly – you may lose time, money, and the opportunity to live securely with your family.

Our attorneys are completely dedicated to the filed of immigration, and that has enabled us to become experts. In fact, we have a reputation for successfully handling very complex cases. We have been successful in thousands of cases and have earned an "A" with the Better Business Bureau.

Some other notable reasons are:

Value. We believe all individuals and companies deserve to receive high-quality representation at an affordable cost. We offer flat-fee pricing with no hidden fees. At Higbee & Associates, you will never be surprised when you see your bill.

Technology. We use the latest legal technologies and resources. We have access to the latest decisions and have connections to industry experts. Furthermore, we have a comprehensive online database where clients can log in to access information on their case detailing every step taken. With Higbee & Associates, you will never be left wondering, “what is my attorney doing?”.

Personal Service. We take our clients seriously. We listen to their concerns and advice them accordingly. We answer phone calls and emails promptly. We treat our clients with the highest level of respect and professionalism.

Hire us, and we will get it right the first time!

  • Top-Rated Attorneys
  • Flat-Free Pricing
  • Flexible Interest-Free Payment Plans
  • Case Status 24/7
  • Committed To Your Success
R – Religious Vocation or Profession Our Law Firm Typical Law Firm
Price $ $
Includes Full Representation Yes No
Flat-Fee Contracts Yes No
Zero Interest Payment Plans Yes No
Price-Match Yes No
24-Hour Case Status Updates Yes No
Specialize in Immigration Yes No
Top-Rated Attorneys Yes No
Award-Winning Customer Service Yes No

Frequently Asked Questions

**What classifies as a religious denomination?**

A religious denomination is one that usually has a formal code of doctrine and discipline, religious services and ceremonies, some form of ecclesiastical government, a recognized creed and form or worship, religious congregations, and established places of worship.

**What is religious vocation vs. a religious occupation?**

The term religious vocation means a calling to religious life, as evidenced by the demonstration of lifelong commitment, such as taking vows. For instance, nuns, monks, and religious brothers and sisters would fall under this category.

The term religious occupation means a habitual engagement in an activity, which relates to a traditional religious function. This may include but is not limited to, religious instructors, workers in religious hospitals, missionaries, religious translators, or religious broadcasters.

**What if my family wants to come with me to the U.S.?**

Your spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 may be eligible to come to the U.S. under the R-2 classification. However, they will no be allowed to work under the R-2 visa.

Read more FAQ about our R - Religious Vocation or Profession service.