This Web Site is For Sale

Click here for more details

L – Intracompany Transferee

  • Top-Rated Attorneys
  • Award-winning Client Service
  • Flat-Fee Pricing
  • Interest-Free Flexible Payment Plans

The Best ever attorney I've ever known!! Highly recommendable!
Trustworthy and very professional. I can't say a word of expression!!
Great! Awesome! fast! fantastic. She will never let you down~~~
She is no. 1 of all Lawyers I spoke with.
Thank you so much!!


5 payments of $1,200

Or flat rate $6,000

  • We Gladly Price Match!

* Our representation includes the preparation and filing of all necessary applications, consular processing, and personalized preparation for your interview with the U.S. consulate or embassy.


For a U.S. company having a related company abroad, the L visa can be an extremely useful and valuable tool to facilitate the transfer of personnel from abroad to the U.S.

To qualify, the transferee must be a person who worked for a company abroad in an executive, managerial, or “specialized knowledge” capacity for at least one continuous year within the three years prior to coming to the US. Further, the company abroad must be related to the US company (parent, subsidiary, affiliate, or branch).

A foreign national who is coming to open a new office in the U.S. will be given an initial period of stay of one year. At the end of the year, the foreign national must prove that the U.S. company has been actively engaged in business.

If the U.S. entity has been in existence for more than 1 year, the maximum stay is seven years for managers and executives and five years for specialized-knowledge employees. Managers and executives who come to the United States on an L-1A visa have the added advantage of eligibility for an expedited permanent residency process since they are not subject to labor certification requirements.


  • Gain lawful entry into the United States.
  • Have permission to reenter the United States and travel within the country.
  • Bring your dependents with you to the United States.
  • Your spouse will be entitled to apply for employment authorization


To be eligible for an L visa, the following requirements must be satisfied:

  • The employee must have worked abroad for an overseas company continuously for 1 year (full-time) in the preceding 3 years
  • The overseas company must be a branch office, subsidiary, affiliate, or parent of the U.S. petitioner, or be involved in a 50-50 joint venture with the U.S. petitioner
  • The foreign national’s capacity abroad must have been executive or managerial (L-1A), or the foreign national must have developed specialized knowledge (L-1B)
  • The foreign national must be coming to the U.S. to fill an executive, managerial or specialized knowledge position and must be qualified for the position through prior education or experience


  • The employer must file a Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, with fee, on behalf of the employee.
  • Qualified employees entering the United States to establish a new office will be allowed a maximum initial stay of one year. All other qualified employees will be allowed a maximum initial stay of three years.
  • For all L-1 employees, requests for extension of stay may be granted in increments of up to an additional two years, until the employee has reached the maximum limit of five years for specialized knowledge employees or seven years for Executives and Managers.

How We Can Help You

  • We offer in-depth consultations to make sure of your eligibility.
  • You will receive a flat-fee quote up front. No hidden costs!
  • We work with the employer and intra-company transferee to obtain all necessary documents
  • We prepare and file the I-129 Petition

Why Choose ImmigrateFast

Why Hire

Our immigration attorneys are some of the best. Not only are we experienced and knowledgeable, we are passionate about protecting the rights of immigrants and their families and welcoming new U.S. Citizens!

Immigration law is one of the most complex areas of law. Having represent you will ensure that your case is handled correctly. Anyone can fill out forms; very few are able to correctly analyze an immigration case. Mistakes can be very costly – you may lose time, money, and the opportunity to live securely with your family.

Our attorneys are completely dedicated to the field of immigration, and that has enabled us to become experts. In fact, we have a reputation for successfully handling very complex cases. We have been successful in thousands of cases and have earned an "A" with the Better Business Bureau.

Some other notable reasons are:

Value. We believe all individuals and companies deserve to receive high-quality representation at an affordable cost. We offer flat-fee pricing with no hidden fees. At Higbee & Associates, you will never be surprised when you see your bill.

Technology. We use the latest legal technologies and resources. We have access to the latest decisions and have connections to industry experts. Furthermore, we have a comprehensive online database where clients can log in to access information on their case detailing every step taken. With Higbee & Associates, you will never be left wondering, “What is my attorney doing?”

Personal Service. We take our clients seriously. We listen to their concerns and advise them accordingly. We answer phone calls and emails promptly. We treat our clients with the highest level of respect and professionalism.

Hire us, and we will get it right the first time!

  • Top-Rated Attorneys
  • Flat-Fee Pricing
  • Flexible Interest-Free Payment Plans
  • Case Status 24/7
  • Committed To Your Success
L – Intracompany Transferee Our Law Firm Typical Law Firm
Price * $6,000 $6,000
Includes Full Representation Yes No
Flat-Fee Contracts Yes No
Zero Interest Payment Plans Yes No
Price-Match Yes No
24-Hour Case Status Updates Yes No
Specialize in Immigration Yes No
Top-Rated Attorneys Yes No
Award-Winning Customer Service Yes No

* Our representation includes the preparation and filing of all necessary applications, consular processing, and personalized preparation for your interview with the U.S. consulate or embassy.

Frequently Asked Questions

What type of relationship has to exist between the U.S. office and the foreign entity abroad to qualify for the L-1 visa category?

The new U.S. office must have a corporate relationship with the foreign entity abroad where you have been employed as a manager, executive, or worker with specialized knowledge. This means that the new U.S. office must be a parent, affiliate, subsidiary or branch of the foreign entity, and that both the U.S. office and the foreign entity must continue to share common ownership and control.

What is the definition of “specialized knowledge”?

Specialized knowledge means either special knowledge possessed by an individual of the petitioning organization’s product, service, research, equipment, techniques, management, or other interests and its application in international markets, or an advanced level of knowledge or expertise in the organization’s processes and procedures.

What responsibilities must an Executive/Manager have to qualify?

Generally, an Executive must have the ability to make decisions of wide latitude without much oversight. A Manager must have the ability to supervise and control the work of professional employees and to manage the organization, or a department, subdivision, function, or component of the organization. It may also refer to the ability to manage an essential function of the organization at a high level, without direct supervision of others.

Read more FAQ about our L - Intracompany Transferee service.