This Web Site is For Sale

Click here for more details


Employment Immigration

We are a national law firm with clients all over the world. Whether you are a business seeking to hire foreign workers or an individual seeking temporary employment or permanent residence, our attorneys will help make the employment-based process as smooth as possible. At Cueva & Higbee, you can rest assured that our attorneys are knowledgeable, attentive, and efficient. We treat every case with the highest level of professionalism and regard.

There are many different visas that allow foreign nationals to work inside the United States. Those who are outside of the United States may need to obtain the work-based visa at a consulate abroad, and those who are inside the United States may be able to change their status to an employment-based category.

The United States provides a yearly minimum of 140,000 employment-based immigrant visas, divided into five preference categories. These visas may require a labor certification from the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), and the filing of a petition with United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Non-immigrant visas include H-1B (specialty visas), L-1 (intracompany transferee) and J-1 (exchange visitors).