This Web Site is For Sale

Click here for more details

Frequently Asked Questions

How much is a “substantial amount” of money to be invested?

A substantial amount of capital is substantial in relationship to the total cost of either purchasing or establishing an enterprise.

It is also defined as an amount “sufficient to ensure the treaty investor’s financial commitment to the successful operation of the enterprise.” The lower the cost of the enterprise, the higher, proportionately, the investment must be to be considered substantial.

Do I have to be outside of the U.S. in order to apply? Or may I be inside of the U.S. to apply?

In order to be within the United States and apply, you must already be under an admissible status; that is to say, you must be here legally and must change status, otherwise the process is outside of the country at your consulate.

Can I travel abroad with this visa?

Yes. A valid Passport and visa allowing that status are issued to allow for travel.

Can my spouse and children also come with me?

Yes. Treaty traders and employees may be accompanied by their spouses and any unmarried children under the age of 21.

What is the difference between an E-1 Visa and an E-2 visa?

An E-1 visa is directly for an individual of a treaty country who either works for himself or as the employee of another solely with the intent to engage in international trade.

An E-2 visa is for any national of a treaty country who wishes to invest a substantial amount of capital in a U.S. business.