5 payments of $1,000
Or flat rate $5,000
- We Gladly Price Match!
If you are a member of a treaty trader country, then the E-2 visa is an excellent option for you to obtain your U.S. visa through investment.
The E-2 investor visa is a nonimmigrant visa that permits foreign investors, their families and their employees to live and work in the United States. To be eligible for an E-2, you must be coming to the U.S. in order to develop and direct the operations of an enterprise that you plan to invest in, or of an enterprise in which you are actively in the process of investing. Investors can also send their essential employees, such as supervisors, executives, or those with highly specialized skills to manage the U.S. enterprise.
The E-2 is an attractive, yet often overlooked and underutilized, visa option. The E-2 visa has many advantages to other employment-based visas. Unlike visas such as EB, H, or L, the E-2 does not require a job offer nor a sponsoring employer. The E-2 can also be obtained with smaller investments and without the job creation requirements of the EB-5. In addition the E-2 can be processed quickly at most Consulates, it permits self-employment, it is not as strict regarding temporary intent as most other temporary visas, and it has no maximum limit on the duration or numbers of extensions.
Benefits of E-2 Treaty Visa
- Renewable visa (must be renewed every 2-5 years);
- Less investment than EB-5;
- Does not require a job offer or sponsoring employer.
E-2 visa Requirements:
- Nationality. The investor must be a national of a listed treaty country, and the relevant enterprise must be at least 50% owned by nationals of the treaty country; (http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_3726.html)
- Temporary Intent. Although the E-2 has no set limitation on extensions, the applicant must still declare an intent to return to her home country someday;
- Possess & Control. The investor must possess and control the capital invested;
- At Risk & Irrevocably Committed. The investment must be at risk and irrevocably committed;
- Bona Fide Enterprise. The investment must be in a bona fide enterprise actively engaged in commerce;
- Substantiality. The investment must be substantial, and sufficient to ensure the successful operation of the enterprise; and
- Marginality. The enterprise may not be “marginal”. It must have the capacity to generate positive significant economic impact and must not merely provide minimal income for living to the investor and the investor’s family.
The E-2 investor visa has strict requirements. Before investing your money, you should consult with an experienced investor visa attorney to ensure your eligibility.
- Typically, the E-2 Treaty Investor Visa process starts with determining whether you are from a country which has a treaty with the United States. See link for list of treaty countries: http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_3726.html.
- The investor must seek to enter the United States solely to develop and direct their investment and must be ready to depart the United States when the E-2 status terminates.
- The E-2 visa is typically granted up to a maximum of two years. Requests for extension may be granted in increments of up to two years. There is no limit to the number of extensions an E-2 nonimmigrant visa holder may be granted, however, the applicant must have the intent to depart the United States upon the termination or expiration of their status.
- E-2 spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21 may also be derivatives of the visa.
How We Can Help You
- We offer in-depth consultations to make sure of your eligibility.
- You will receive a flat-fee quote up front. No hidden costs!
- We work with the investor to prepare all necessary documents
- We prepare the investor for their visa interview
Why Choose ImmigrateFast
Why Hire ImmigrateFast?
Our immigration attorneys are some of the best. Not only are we experienced and knowledgeable, we are passionate about protecting the rights of immigrants and their families.
Immigration law is one of the most complex areas of law. Having ImmigrateFast.com represent you will ensure that your case is handled correctly. Anyone can fill out forms; very few are able to correctly analyze an immigration case. Mistakes can be very costly – you may lose time, money, and the opportunity to live securely with your family.
Our attorneys are completely dedicated to the field of immigration, and that has enabled us to become experts. In fact, we have a reputation for successfully handling very complex cases. We have been successful in thousands of cases and have earned an "A" with the Better Business Bureau.
Some other notable reasons are:
Value. At Higbee & Associates, we believe all individuals and companies deserve to receive high-quality representation at an affordable cost. We offer flat-fee pricing with no hidden fees. At Higbee & Associates, you will never be surprised when you see your bill.
Technology. We use the latest legal technologies and resources. We have access to the latest decisions and have connections to industry experts. Furthermore, we have a comprehensive online database where clients can log in to access information on their case detailing every step taken. With Higbee & Associates, you will never be left wondering, “What is my attorney doing?”
Personal Service. We take our clients seriously. We listen to their concerns and advise them accordingly. We answer phone calls and emails promptly. We treat our clients with the highest level of respect and professionalism.
Hire us, and we will get it right the first time!
- Committed To Your Success
- Flat-Free Pricing
- Flexible Interest-Fee Payment Plans
|E-2 Treaty Investor Visa||Our Law Firm||Typical Law Firm|
|Includes Full Representation||Yes||No|
|Zero Interest Payment Plans||Yes||No|
|24-Hour Case Status Updates||Yes||No|
|Specialize in Immigration||Yes||No|
|Award-Winning Customer Service||Yes||No|
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is a “substantial amount” of money to be invested?
A substantial amount of capital is substantial in relationship to the total cost of either purchasing or establishing an enterprise.
It is also defined as an amount “sufficient to ensure the treaty investor’s financial commitment to the successful operation of the enterprise.” The lower the cost of the enterprise, the higher, proportionately, the investment must be to be considered substantial.
Do I have to be outside of the U.S. in order to apply? Or may I be inside of the U.S. to apply?
In order to be within the United States and apply, you must already be under an admissible status; that is to say, you must be here legally and must change status, otherwise the process is outside of the country at your consulate.
Can I travel abroad with this visa?
Yes. A valid Passport and visa allowing that status are issued to allow for travel.
Mathew HigbeeAttorney at LawMathew Higbee utilizes his unique blend of legal and professional experience to deliver success for his clients. He has handled a wide-range of cases in both criminal and civil courts. He has served as a prosecutor and defense counsel. He is a frequent commentator and guest writer for various media.
We hired her firm over a year ago and after a long battle where she led us through all the hoops and many unforeseen obstacles. Many times we felt the difficulties, she never gave up on us and helped us through our hard time. Thank you and your firm for fighting for us and working so hard for making my dream of living in the US a reality.
Ms. Julia helped through the immigration process and she was highly professional and helpful through the entire process!
She is superbly efficient and professional. From beginning to end I have felt comfortable and secure in her judgment and I have nothing but praise and recommendation for her.
I have only been her client for a short time but she is very knowledgeable and responds to you in a timely manner. I would definitely recommend her to friends.
My wife is undergoing heart surgery, and due to the nature of my job I would be needing someone to take care my wife while I am under Military deployment. I talked to different lawyers but no one says that it is possible to bring my wife's niece from outside the US. Ms. Cueva however, made it possible to bring my wife's niece into the US as her caretaker for one year while I am overseas. She did so with a positive attitude and was very helpful in the process. Ms. Cueva was very kind and respectful and determined to get the job done.
The Best ever attorney I've ever known!! Highly recommendable!
Trustworthy and very professional. I can't say a word of expression!!
Great! Awesome! fast! fantastic. She will never let you down~~~
She is no. 1 of all Lawyers I spoke with.
Thank you so much!!
Excellent service provided by Julia for immigration related issue. She is very trustworthy and reliable. She makes sure that she spends enough time to understand your issue and will help without any other intention. She seems to be very experienced lawyer. Really amazed with the way she helped us and provided the best solution to us.