This Web Site is For Sale

Click here for more details

E-1 Treaty Trader Visa

If you are a member of a treaty nation, you may be eligible to work in the U.S!

  • Top-Rated Attorneys
  • Award-winning Client Service
  • Flat-Fee Pricing
  • Interest-Free Flexible Payment Plans

I have only been her client for a short time but she is very knowledgeable and responds to you in a timely manner. I would definitely recommend her to friends


5 payments of $1,000

Or flat rate $5,000

  • We Gladly Price Match!

* Our representation includes the preparation and filing of all necessary applications and documents for your visa. We will also personally prepare you for your visa interview.


The E-1 Visa, also known as the Treaty Trader Visa, is a nonimmigrant visa that allows foreign nationals of treaty nations to enter the U.S. and carry out substantial trade. This visa is an excellent tool for business owners, executives and managers to conduct business in the U.S. Unlike the B-1/B-2 visa, the Treaty Trader visa permits foreign nationals to remain in the U.S. for extended periods of time.

There are many categories of trade that can qualify your business for an E-1 visa. Materials traded can consist of goods, services, international baking, insurance monies, transportation, communications, data processing, advertising, accounting, design and engineering, management consulting, tourism, technology and its transfer, and some news-gathering-activities. If your foreign business conducts a substantial amount of trade in any of these materials, contact us today to find out whether you qualify to take advantage of this useful visa program!


Benefits of an E-1 Treaty Trader Visa include:

  • Legally work in the U.S. for a U.S. company where more than 50 percent of the business is trade between the U.S. and your home country.
  • Travel freely in and out of the U.S.,
  • Stay in the U.S. on a prolonged basis with unlimited two year extensions as long as you maintain E-1 qualifications,
  • Bring your dependents to the U.S.
  • Your spouse will also be able to work in the U.S.


What are the requirements for an E-1 Visa?

You may qualify for an E-1 Visa if:

  • You are an executive, manager or specialist in a treaty nation company operating in the U.S., or you own 50 percent of the company,
  • The nationals of your country own at least 50 percent of the stock of the company (i.e. the firm has the nationality of the treaty country),
  • You are a citizen of a treaty trade country, and are involved in international trade,
  • You are the immediate family member of a principle E-1 visa holder.


  • Typically, the E-1 Treaty Trader Visa process starts with determining whether you are from a country which has a treaty with the United States. See link for list of treaty countries:
  • Then you must determine whether your trade or activity constitutes trade” within the definition in INA 101(a)(15)(E).
  • The trading firm must have the nationality of the treaty country. This could also mean that the company must have at least 50% owned by the treaty country.
  • The trade must be substantial: it must be a sizeable and continuous volume of trade. There is no minimum requirement regarding monetary value or volume of each transaction.
  • If not the owner of a company, you must be an essential employee, a supervisor, an executive, or possess highly specialized skills necessary to the operation of the company.
  • The E-1 visa is typically granted up to a maximum of two years. Requests for extension may be granted in increments of up to two years. There is no limit to the number of extensions an E-1 nonimmigrant visa holder may be granted, however, the applicant must have the intent to depart the United States upon the termination or expiration of their status.

Why Choose ImmigrateFast

Why Hire ImmigrateFast?

Our immigration attorneys are some of the best. Not only are we experienced and knowledgeable, we are passionate about protecting the rights of immigrants and their families.

Immigration law is one of the most complex areas of law. Having represent you will ensure that your case is handled correctly. Anyone can fill out forms; very few are able to correctly analyze an immigration case. Mistakes can be very costly – you may lose time, money, and the opportunity to live securely with your family.

Our attorneys are completely dedicated to the field of immigration, and that has enabled us to become experts. In fact, we have a reputation for successfully handling very complex cases. We have been successful in thousands of cases and have earned an "A" with the Better Business Bureau.

Some other notable reasons are:

Value. At Higbee & Associates, we believe all individuals and companies deserve to receive high-quality representation at an affordable cost. We offer flat-fee pricing with no hidden fees. At Higbee & Associates, you will never be surprised when you see your bill.

Technology. We use the latest legal technologies and resources. We have access to the latest decisions and have connections to industry experts. Furthermore, we have a comprehensive online database where clients can log in to access information on their case detailing every step taken. With Higbee & Associates, you will never be left wondering, “What is my attorney doing?”

Personal Service. We take our clients seriously. We listen to their concerns and advise them accordingly. We answer phone calls and emails promptly. We treat our clients with the highest level of respect and professionalism.

Hire us, and we will get it right the first time!

  • Top-Rated
  • Committed To Your Success
  • Flat-Fee Pricing
  • Flexible Interest-Free Payment Plans
E-1 Treaty Trader Visa Our Law Firm Typical Law Firm
Price * $5,000 $6,000
Includes Full Representation Yes No
Flat-Fee Contracts Yes No
Zero Interest Payment Plans Yes No
Price-Match Yes No
24-Hour Case Status Updates Yes No
Specialize in Immigration Yes No
Top-Rated Attorneys Yes No
Award-Winning Customer Service Yes No

* Our representation includes the preparation and filing of all necessary applications and documents for your visa. We will also personally prepare you for your visa interview.

Frequently Asked Questions

How long can I stay in the U.S. on an E-1 Visa?

You may stay in the U.S. on a prolonged basis with unlimited five-year visa extensions or two year status extensions as long as you maintain E-1 qualifications. You may apply for unlimited extensions as long as you are qualified for an E-1 visa.

What kind of trade is included for E-1 visas?

Trade includes commercial transactions in goods and trade in services and technology like banking, insurance, transportation, tourism, communications, data processing, advertising, accounting, design and engineering, management consulting, technology transfer and other measurable services which may be traded.

Can my spouse and children also come with me?

Yes. Treaty traders may be accompanied by their spouses and any unmarried children under the age of 21.

Read more FAQ about our E-1 Treaty Trader Visa service.